What are the two most important words in sales? You and Why.
In order to close deals, take orders and build your business you first have to believe that YOU are the most important person in the room.The success of everything you’re selling is dependent on your ability to deliver. Customers buy you first and your product second.Without you there is no relationship, no one to drive, deliver and be accountable.
The next most important word is the word “why”. Why leads to one of the most important elements of the sales process… Answers.When you ask “why” you’ll be able to dig down and learn what really makes your prospect tick and find their true values.Mastering the art of asking why will make you the master of your sales.
Deliver values that having meaning to the customer
• Sharing industry best practices.
• Manufacturing components and offering plant safety tips.
• Medical devices to doctors and teaching bedside manner.
• Teaching clerks how to close sales when a customer comes in to buy using your coupon or voucher.
• Office supplies and teaching customer service to receptionists and accounting.
• Anything in favor of your customer that helps them increase productivity, communication, operations, morale, and especially profit.
TIP: If you really want to deliver value, ASK YOUR CUSTOMER what he or she considers valuable. Whatever they say, do that, offer that, share that, communicate that, teach that, print that, and say that. In a nutshell, that’s value. Real value. Value perceived.
Want to listen to Geoff’s conference call this week? Click here!