Our attachment to mobile devices continues to grow, as reflected by both the speed at which we first look at our phone during the day and by the number of times we look at our phones as the day progresses.
The addiction isn’t limited to the teenagers: all age groups seem to be glued to their smartphones!
Consider the following statistics from Deloitte:
- 17% of smartphone owners check their phones immediately after waking up, while 43% of consumers check their phones within five minutes.
- 13% of smartphone users look at their phone immediately before preparing to sleep, while 33% check their phones in the five minutes before going to sleep.
- 4% of consumers in the U.S. look at their phones more than 200 times a day.
- Nearly half (48%) of consumers check their phones up to 25 times per day.
- 97% of smartphone owners have used their phone at least once to take a photo
- 74% use their smartphones to share photos they’ve taken.
Interestingly, the most intense photo takers are either young people (between the ages of 18 to 24) or female smartphone owners who take and share photos daily.
With this much constant “heads down” activity, business owners are turning to mobile to reach their customers, putting deals and rewards right in the palm of their hands! Literally.
Mobile marketing is the best way to reach the growing number of smartphone addicts. Contact us to learn more about how you can get your marketing directly into the hands of your customers.