Clear, personal and relevant messaging is the key to the success of a mobile campaign. Without following some very simple guidelines for broadcast messaging, you could lose customers that would otherwise be very responsive to the right type of messaging. It’s important to make sure your messages have the following 7 key elements to be successful:
1. Branding/Business Name: Mention who it is that is sending this message.
2. A Call to Action: There needs to be a sense of action that causes consumers to do something: i.e. call, come in, show text, etc.
3. Relevance: Is this offer or reward relevant to EVERYONE in the database?
4. Timeliness: Messages are almost instantly, and it’s best when the consumer can act on the offer at that moment.
5. Personal and Compelling Messaging: The broadcast should make someone feel connected with the brand or business on a personal level.
6. A Sense of Reward: When a customer signs up for a reward they expect a reward. Is the deal you’re sending really that great of a deal?
7. Minimal Limitations/Barriers for Redemption: Limit broadcast messages to 1 restriction.
Watch this video to get even more information about the best ways to reach customers through broadcast messaging.